Thursday, April 8

From the Mouths of Babes

Today in the car:

Doodles: Mom, I think the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus are related.
Me: Well, yeah. They're both Christian.
D: Yeah, I know.
Me: You don't tell people that they're not real, do you?
D: No.
Me: Good.
D: Although...
Me: Yes?
D: I think the Easter Bunny is real.
Me: Really?
D: Yeah.
Me: Well, why didn't the Easter Bunny bring you anything?
D: Because we're not Christian.
Me: But you still think it's real?
D: Yeah.
Me: Um. Okay. What about Santa?
D: He's not real.
Me: All right.
D: You know, I think that maybe the Easter Bunny is Santa's pet bunny.
Me: Wait.
D: Yeah?
Me: If Santa isn't real, how can he have a pet bunny?
D: Well, maybe Santa is a spirit and the spirit of Santa has a bunny.
Me: Oh. Hey!
D: What?
Me: How is it that you can believe in the spirit of Santa but you can't believe in God?
D: I'm just weird like that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home